In order that all students benefit from their time at Hudson College, a Code of Behavior has been established, which outlines our expectations from all of our students.
All students should:
- Make an honest, consistent effort to do well in all subjects by utilizing their abilities to the maximum extent possible
- Attend all classes, punctually
- Prepare for all classes by bringing all required materials and completing all homework assignments
- Be responsible for any work missed in classes as a result of absences due to illness or extra-curricular activities
- Display acceptable hall and classroom behaviour and observe all school rules and procedures
- Be active and positive rather than unmotivated and negative
- Respect the rights and be considerate of the feelings of others in the school community by being courteous and responsible in word and deed
- Never participate in the humiliation of other students
- Solve all interpersonal conflicts and difficulties through the use of dialogue, school counselling services or other rational means
- Care as much about responsibilities as rights by doing one’s part to improve the school and not expect others to do it alone
Respect for Self
Students are expected to show respect for one’s self. Each student will aim for high standards of personal health and social responsibility. If students have issues, they are encouraged to discuss these with their teachers, Guidance Department personnel, the Head of Student Affairs, the Vice-Principal, or Principal. We will work together to resolve any issues that may arise.
Respect for Others
Every student attending Hudson has the right to do so in a safe, friendly atmosphere. Verbal, physical and sexual harassment or bullying of others will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Any activity that has a negative effect on others will be dealt with according to the severity of the situation.
Respect for Property
Students are expected to respect the privacy and property of other students and Hudson staff. All texts, equipment, library books and other materials must be cared for and returned when requested. Students are also expected to treat the school grounds and the school building with respect. Littering is strictly forbidden.
Respect for Community
Our students are Hudson’s representatives in the community. They are expected to act respectfully to everyone in the community.
Students are required to wear a designated Hudson school uniform. The uniform must be worn on school days from 8:30 AM until 4:30 PM and on all weekday school-sponsored activities. Student grooming should reflect a business-like manner. No dyeing of hair or shaving ones’ head is permitted while enrolled as a Hudson student.
Severe Violation of School Rules
The following are some behavioural examples that are regarded as severe violations of Hudson College’s rules with consequences range from warnings to removal from Hudson in accordance with the severity of the situation:
- Bringing weapons to school
- Consuming alcohol and / or illegal drugs
- Violent or threatening behaviour including bullying, racial harassment or discrimination
- Setting off a false fire alarm
- Smoking on any part of the school property